If you are renovating or constructing your home during the holiday period, you need to make sure you are prepared before the process starts. You can do a few things before and during the project to help you cope if you choose to stay at home. There are also a few things to consider if you decide to leave your property until the build is complete.
Before The Project Starts, Make Sure To Prepare Your Living Arrangements
A few essential things can help you survive a home renovation if you choose to stay home during the festive season:
- Make sure you organise your most essential belongings so that they are easy to reach and out of the builders’ way.
- Protect your valuable items by packing them away in a safe place, and protect furniture by covering them with drop sheets. To ensure your items don’t get covered in dust, pack them away in a room that is not being worked on.
- Finalise all your decisions about the build and the materials needed before the project starts, as it is sometimes hard to get hold of materials during the holiday season.
What Will Make Life Better During The Renovation?
- Try to keep out of the workers’ way so they can remain focused and stay on time with the job. Remember with construction, some things might take longer than expected. Communications with the builders are essential as they are the only ones that can tell you about the timeline.
- Keep children and pets away from the construction site at all times because the workers cannot take responsibility for looking after them and keeping them out of harm’s way.
- There will be some unavoidable inconveniences: Firstly, The portaloo may stink, and secondly, the possibility of water working sways into the process, even if the builders try to avoid it. Water leakage is a more considerable risk when working on larger projects.
Those That Choose To Leave Their Home Must Consider The Following
- The most important consideration is to make sure you have enough funds for the build duration.
- It is best to get a rental home in the area to make driving to your usual shops and possibly work normal and convenient. Living close by will also make it easier for you to do regular drivebys to check progress.
MAG Construction: The Most Trustworthy Construction Company In Sydney
MAG has been part of the Sydney community for years and has a reliable team of builders that are well known for their top-class construction jobs. To start your renovation with the best construction company in Sydney, contact us at 1300 749 209 or fill out the online enquiry form.